Happy Skin SS Cream Review | My everyday foundation!

December 14, 2014

I have always been insecure about my skin, which is why a lightweight foundation with decent coverage is a must-have for me. Just to make it clear, I wear makeup on a daily basis not to fool anyone into thinking that I have great skin. I do it for myself, to feel more confident. And I believe some girls do the same thing as well. Besides, I am pretty open about my love for makeup. <3

Now that I've stressed my point, I want to share with you guys what I use on a daily basis. Just a brief background, I used to be a fan of high-end foundations, most of them were great but really heavy on the face. For someone who lives in a tropical country, wearing a heavy base isn't really that ideal, which is why I'm glad I gave this product a shot. Enough of the pa-mysterious intro, I am talking about Happy Skin's Second Skin Creme, a silicone-free foundation. The shade range is very limited though as there are only two shades available. I use 02 Natural Beige, which I think is a pretty good match for me.

(photo from http://store.happyskincosmetics.com)

As for the price, it falls between drugstore and department store foundations. It costs P1,199.00, and you can buy it at Beauty Bar or Plains&Prints. I think it's a very good deal considering that this product is highly comparable to most of the expensive foundations I have used in the past. I started using it 5 months ago, and it has never caused my skin any problem at all. 

The product claims that it does not clog pores, and I can attest to that. It is infused with Japanese Cherry Blossom extract (its made in Japan!) and Hyaluronic Acid, which I figured helps in making the skin smoother. It also has SPF20, which is a big plus for me.

Since I wanna show you guys how effective the product is, I inserted a photo below with me wearing only moisturiser and spf. Note that I have several spots on my cheek area:

before applying

The texture of the foundation is silky, and a little goes a pretty long way. In fact, I only use this much product for my whole face:


I use my hands in applying the product. I pat the product on the four areas of my face (see below). Note that I do not rub the product in but rather use gentle patting motions. 


As for coverage, it's sheer but highly buildable. Feel free to apply more of the product to areas that need more coverage as it does not cake up. It's a big plus also that the product doesn't feel sticky and heavy at all. 

after applying the ss cream

Some days I can get away with just wearing the SS cream and some powder. But since I have spots on my cheek area and my eye bags are obvious, I had to use a concealer. I use different concealers for my eye bags and for my spots. To those curious, stay tune as I will be blogging about how I conceal my under-eye circles soon. Same goes for my daily makeup routine! :)

finished look

As for the longevity of the product,  I am really impressed since it lasts the whole day (around 8-9 hours). I figured it also helps in controlling my face's oily antics, but I still need to blot once or twice a day depending on what I am doing.

Let me just reiterate how much satisfied I am with Happy Skin's Second Skin Creme, and I will definitely be repurchasing once the tube runs out.

My skin is definitely happy with this one!
#punintended

Trivia: If it wasn't obvious enough, I took the photos right after taking a bath. 
 
- - - - - -
Where to buy: Beauty Bar, Plains&Prints - http://shop.beautybar.com.ph/store-locator/
Website: store.happyskincosmetics.com
Price: P1,199.00

2 comments

  1. Do you have anything for redness around the nose and for gigantic pores on the nose, again :((((


    ROUGH & TOUGH☯ // I`m on Bloglovin! // IG: @jiaachacruz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Redness can be concealed. As for obvious pores, a primer would come in handy! Heard great reviews about products from ELF! :)

      Delete