EB Advance Lip and Cheek Stain Review

July 22, 2015


Do you secretly pinch your cheeks to make them appear naturally rosy? Yes? Well, let me tell you a secret-- There are  actually products that can do that for you. 

In one episode of KrisTV, a well-known celebrity shared the secret weapon she uses to achieve natural-looking rosy cheeks (view the clip here). Lo and behold, it's the Ever Bilena Advance Lip & Cheek Stain. This product's been getting lotsa love since then, so I just had to try it myself! 


It comes in a 20ml squeeze tube, which makes it fairly easy to dispense. The stain itself has a rosy hue and a gel-like texture.

Before applying the cheek tint | On my face: Shiseido BB Cream, YSL Touche Eclat

I applied several dots of the stain to the apples of my cheeks, then quickly blended it in using my fingers. A little goes a long way for this particular product, so you don't have to apply that much. 


I applied the product to my lips just as how I would normal apply jelly lip gloss. I squirted it directly then blotted it by pursing my lips. It has a bitter taste to it, so I don't really recommend giving it a lick. I applied my Burt's Bees Beeswax lip balm over it to add a bit of shine.


I'm impressed with the color payoff & texture of the product. Initially, I thought it would flake out my skin since it contains glycerin. But it was really easy to use, and didn't cause my skin to breakout. I also figured that it's actually waterproof. I had to use a makeup remover to remove the residue left on my fingers.


The rosy hue on my cheeks lasted the whole day (around 7-8 hours), while the lip stain required several reapplications. Considering how easy it is to apply, how long lasting it is, and how it makes my skin look naturally rosy and vibrant, I can say that I'll definitely be using this product from time to time.

Overall : ★★★★★ 

The best part? It costs only Php135.00! That's like cheaper than a tall frappe from Starbucks. You can purchase it at any Ever Bilena counter found in department stores and drugstore outlets.

6 comments

  1. gosh! that tint looks so nice! i would definitely get one for myself for sure! just some question lng po, is it safe to use? i have acne prone skin kasi :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't break out naman after so I guess safe siya. :) Thanks, would love to hear from you again! ♡

      Delete
  2. Hi, I would end up with little red dots on my cheek after using this for a few hours does the same thing happen to you?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do you mean to say that the product doesn't stay for long, or that your skin is having some sort of reaction? Either way, no red dots for me. Hope it's not something serious!

      Delete